have an opinion? got feedback? drop me a line- pooja.x.rao@gmail.com
........................................................................................................................................................................
Can also read my posts at Mumbaikar.com and filmi features @ Bollyspice.com
........................................................................................................................................................................

Pages

Short Story - Do I know you?

Having written my last much-loved fictional story months back, trying my hand at little short ones. Like someone told me, they're mystique, intriguing, leave much to interpretation & desire. :D hope you like it!

They met months after their break-up. When she saw him from across the cash counter, thoughts rushed back - of good times, of not so-good fights and a harsher break-up. In retrospect it all seemed a little immature to her now. It seemed like just yesterday when they were contemplating marriage. She remembered it all well, the smile, the confident gait, the cheating, the other woman. Her heart skipped a beat as he walked towards her, she agonized, wanting to tell him she missed him, that maybe they could try and work it out, that maybe she did over-react a bit, that mistakes happen, that she was willing to forgo and start afresh....

'You look good', he said flashing the disarming dimples. She smiled.
'I've met someone, but maybe we should get together tonight just for old times sake's', he continued.

She took a deep breadth, closed her eyes to hide her tears. She held onto her pride, smiled and said,

"I'm Sorry Sir, but do I know you?"

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...